A power failure occurs when AC power has been lost to one or more cabinets. AC power can be lost for up to 15 seconds without harm. After 15 seconds, an orderly shutdown of the nodes, disk arrays, and BYNET cabinets occurs.
To recover from an EPO activation, follow the procedure "Restoring Power After an EPO Event" in the Hardware Service Guide for your platform.
- After AC power has been restored, wait for the CMIC to boot.
- Start SMWeb and log on to the SMClient.
- Select .
- In the Multi Select window, in the Select the type pane, check the box beside Disk Array. The Filter by sub type pane becomes active.
- In the Filter by sub type pane, select all the Dot Hill disk arrays.
- In the Select the function drop-down menu, select Start Up.
- Click Run.
- When the disk arrays have finished powering on, select .
- In the Multi Select window, in the Select the type pane, check the box beside Node.
- In the Select the function drop-down menu, select Power On.
- Click Run.
From the Tree View, do the following:
- Verify that system components are operating normally.
- Make sure that all chassis have a green icon indicating operational status is OK.
- Address any issues for chassis without a green icon.
When all nodes have booted, the system is ready to begin recovery of any application that was disrupted when power was lost.