When you view alerts from the Summary Alert Viewer, you see only the alerts that are grouped to a scenario. When you view alerts from the Tree View, you view alerts for the selected tree component and below.
Do one of the following to open the Alert Viewer Options dialog box:
Option Description Alerts Tab
- Select the Alerts tab.
- Select .
Tree ViewFrom the Tree View, select one or more components and do one of the following:
- Select .
- From the toolbar, click Alerts.
Select from the following options, and click Ok.
Option Description Components Edit any of the following options:
- ManagedElementAlias: Displays alerts matching the alias for the component name.
- Domain: Displays alerts matching the Domain property. For example, the Domain of Disk_Array displays all disk array alerts, and the Domain for the summary alerts is PSR.
- MessageID: Displays alerts matching the ID. This is used with Domain to filter by alert type.
- Records to Return: Indicates the number of records to display in the Alert Viewer. The default is 1000.
Alert Filters Select the Alerts check box, and then select any of the following filters to display alerts with a status of:
Select the Summary Alerts check box, and then select any of the following filters to display summary alerts with a status of:
- Active: Shows alerts that are currently impacting the system. This is the default option.
- AutoSolved: Shows alerts that have been resolved by OK alert detection.
- Cleared: Shows alerts that have been cleared with the Alert Viewer command. This option also displays OK alerts that are set cleared by the PDS when recorded.
Time Selection Select one of the following:
- Most Recent: Displays the most recent alerts. This is the default option.
- Time Selection: Displays the alerts between the starting date and time (on the top) and the ending date and time (on the bottom).
TVI Dispositions Select from the following:
- Show All: Select to show all alerts without filtering for TVI Dispositions. This is the default option.
Filter TVI Dispositions: Select to choose the type of TVI Dispositions filtering in the Alert Viewer:
- Hide Maintenance Alerts: Filters so that alerts that occur during a maintenance window do not display.
Show Escalated Alerts: Filters so that only TVI escalated alerts are displayed.
The summary alerts marked Escalated are sent to services to create or update an incident. UpdateRepeat is not sent to the backend, so the TVI Disposition is Abeyed.
Severity Select to indicate the minimum security level to display in the Alert Viewer. Displays alerts at the level selected and higher, meaning more severe. Repeats Hide Repeat Count: Select to filter out (hide) alerts that are repeats of previously-reported alerts.
- [Optional] To configure the columns that display in the Alert Viewer, click and select Configure Columns.