- Download the Metro JARS from the GlassFish Metro web site (https://metro.java.net/).
Perform the install on your system:
java –jar metro.jar
The command unzips the Metro files onto your file system, creating a /lib directory. The folder contains five JARs needed by Eclipse to run the web services client:
A metro subdirectory containing the metro-on-tomcat.xml file is created. This file is an Ant install script that installs the Metro JARs on your Tomcat system. The script creates the appropriate Tomcat directory for the Metro libraries, copies the Metro libraries to the directory, and modifies the Tomcat configuration file (catalina.properties).
Set the following environment variables in your operating system settings (in Windows, go to
- CATALINA_HOME to <TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR>
- CATALINA_BASE to <TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR>
- JAVA_HOME to <JAVA_RUNTIME_INSTALL_DIR>
- PATH to include %JAVA_HOME%\bin
- Run the metro-on-tomcat.xml Apache Ant script from the metro subdirectory: ant -Dtomcat.home=<TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR> -f <METRO_INSTALL_DIR>/metro-on-tomcat.xml install The Metro JAR files copy to the <TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR>/shared/lib directory.
GlassFish Metro JARs provides a web service stack for running the web service.
Apache Ant is required to install the Metro JARs.