The Teradata Access Module for JMS uses Java Message Service (JMS) to access a JMS provider. The JMS is a Java API that allows applications to create, send, receive, and read data messages between software components.
- JNDI Naming Service – Looks up naming and directory services by setting up initial context.
- Queue or Topic Connection Factory – Creates queue or topic connections with a JMS provider.
- Queue or Topic Connection – Creates queue or topic session objects.
- Queue or Topic Session – Creates queue receiver, topic subscriber, queue sender, or topic publisher objects.
- Queue Receiver or Topic Subscriber – Receives messages that are delivered to a queue or topic during a load job.
- Queue Sender or Topic Publisher – Sends messages from a queue or topic session during an export job.
- Message Receiver – Processes messages from a queue receiver or topic subscriber during a load job.
- Message Sender – Processes messages from a queue sender or topic publisher during an export job.
The following figure shows an overview of the Teradata Access Module for JMS processing.