The following session character sets are supported for transferring data:
- UTF-8 – Preferred character set because it accommodates a superset of characters handled by the other character sets.
- UTF-16 – Ensure data source and OLE DB provider used to connect source/destination database supports UNICODE characters while using UTF-16 session character set.
- ASCII – The Teradata Access Module for OLE DB uses the code page of the system locale (also called the system default ANSI code page) when using ASCII. Teradata’s ASCII character set does not match Microsoft’s code page, so character conversions produce minor differences. If an exact match is required, use the UTF-8 session character set.Previous versions of the Teradata Access Module for OLE DB used the ANSI-Latin1 (1252) code page when the ASCII session character set was used, regardless of the system locale.
- KANJISJIS_0S – Teradata’s Kanji SJIS character set does not exactly match Microsoft’s Japanese Shift-JIS code page, so character conversions produce minor differences. If an exact match is required, use the UTF-8 session character set.
- LATIN1252_0A – All UNICODE character strings transferred to the database are converted to ANSI-Latin 1 by the Teradata Access Module for OLE DB before being passed to a Teradata utility.