The following figure shows how the Teradata Access Module for WebSphere MQ imports data to the database through a client load utility, such as BTEQ, FastLoad, MultiLoad, or TPump. Although the figure shows the data producer, the queue manager, and the load utility on separate systems, these entities can be on the same system. If you are using the Teradata PT version of the Teradata Access Module for WebSphere MQ, the term DataConnector in this figure and throughout this topic refers to the Teradata PT DataConnector operator.
- Establishes a network connection with a WebSphere MQ queue manager using standard WebSphere MQ interfaces
- Composes database records into messages (the load utility defines the database records’ format)
- Sends the messages to a message queue under control of the queue manager
- The Teradata Access Module for WebSphere MQ establishes a connection to the queue manager.
- The Teradata Access Module for WebSphere MQ reads messages from the message queue when directed to do so by the Data Connector.
- The Teradata Access Module for WebSphere MQ delivers the data to the Data Connector.
- The Data Connector delivers the data to the load utility.
- The load utility loads the data into a table within the database.