- Log on as root (or change to root and enter the root password).
- Go to the location where you saved the compressed file.
- Read the readme file to see if it contains additional installation instructions or a list of dependencies.
Uncompress and untar the files and dependent product packages into a folder for the setup packages.
gunzip -c package_name | tar xvf -
- Uninstall the previous version of software: rpm -e package_name
If the product has dependencies, install them in the following order before you install the downloaded patch:
- Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata (tdicu)
- Teradata Call-Level Interface version 2 (cliv2)
- Teradata Data Connector API (piom)
- Other Products
- Install the downloaded software: rpm -ivh --nodeps package_name