- Log on as root (or change to root and enter the root password).
- Go to the location where you saved the compressed file.
- Read the readme file to see if it contains additional installation instructions or a list of dependencies.
- Uncompress and untar the files and dependent product packages into a folder for the setup packages.
gunzip package_name | tar xvf
- Uninstall the previous version of software.
rpm -e package_name
- If the product has dependencies, install them in the following order before you install the downloaded patch:
- Teradata GSS Client (teragss)
- Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata (tdicu)
- Teradata Call-Level Interface version 2 (cliv2)
- Teradata Data Connector API (piom)
- Other Products
- Install the downloaded software.
rpm -ivh --nodeps package_name