- Before copying the test data sets, you should clear or empty out the production data sets and compress them.
- To copy the target data sets created during the APPLY processing to the production libraries, you can use the COPYLIB job in PROCLIB.The COPYLIB job is an in stream JCL procedure with symbols to accommodate the type of copy you wish to perform.
Symbolic Description TESTPFX High-level qualifier for the test data sets PRODPFX High-level qualifier for the production data sets PFX High-level qualifier for dbcpfx.PROCLIB DIR Direction of the copy: either P2T for production-to-test, or T2P for test-to-production TYP Type of library, defined as follows:
- A for all (target and distribution) libraries
- T for target libraries only
- D for distribution libraries only