For new sites or new Vantage servers, the Teradata software is installed at the factory. However, the Teradata Tools and Utilities software for z/OS must be installed from the supplied release media.
- Schedule one working day for the installation. Ensure that the duration of time is enough for all z/OS preconditioning has been performed, DASD space is available, and all relevant literature has been reviewed.
- An experienced system programmer or system administrator who is familiar with the z/OS operating environment is present.
- The Teradata software package has been received.
- The release media contents have been installed in their entirety.
|Upgrade Installation (Maintenance Updates)
- The installation process automatically determines which software to install to bring the existing system to a new release level. Before installing the new software, install all prerequisite software levels indicated in the spreadsheet Teradata® Tools and Utilities Supported Platforms and Product Versions (BCD0-2815).
- All installation procedures must be performed as described, as well as considering the Teradata® Tools and Utilities Release Definition (B035-2029). This document includes additional information such as special installation issues and what modules are on the media.
If you decide to discontinue running the new release, contact your Teradata Customer Service Representative before you attempt to revert to the previous release.