Using Teradata Tools and Utilities for IBM z/OS Installation Guide - Teradata Director Program
This guide describes the prerequisites and procedures to install, upgrade, and configure Teradata® Tools and Utilities (TTU) products on the IBM z/OS. The contents are intended for database administrators and relational database developers, system administrators, system and application programmers, system operators, and other database specialists.
Why Would I Use this Content?
If you want to install, upgrade, or configure TTU products on the IBM z/OS, refer to this guide. This guide explains the installation recommendation, software release types, and installation of CICS and IMS interfaces. During installation, Teradata recommends the presence of an experienced system programmer or system administrator who is familiar with the z/OS operating environment.
How Do I Use this Content?
- Installation recommendations
- Installation kit
- Teradata director program
- License requirements
- Authorizing Teradata libraries and programs
- Moving from test to production system
- Validating the BTEQ Installation
How Do I Get Started?
References to Other Relevant Content
- For the current information about supported operating systems, supported Vantage versions, and product version numbers for all Teradata Tool and Utilities, see Teradata® Tools and Utilities Supported Platforms and Product Versions (BCD0-2815).
- For general information about HSISPB and HSHSPB, see Teradata® Call-Level Interface Version 2 Reference for Mainframe-Attached Systems, B035-2417.
- For general information about the following CLI System Parameter Blocks, see Teradata® Director Program Reference, B035-2416.
- For information on HSHSPBC parameters and values, see IBM CICS Interface for Teradata® Reference, B035-2448.
- For details on TDP INITIAL commands, see Teradata® Director Program Reference, B035-2416.
- For additional background information on the Two-phase commit protocol, see:
- Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093
- Teradata Vantage™ - Database Design, B035-1094
- For detailed information on how to use BTEQ, see Basic Teradata® Query Reference, B035-2414.