You can upload the TTU package to a sequential data set on the target z/OS system using your FTP client program.
- At the ftp prompt, type bin. This ensures the upload is in a binary format.
- Type quote site recfm=fb lrecl=80 blksize=8880. This ensures the record format of the resulting data set is fixed/blocked (RECFM=FB) and the Logical Record Length is 80 (LRECL=80).
- Type quote site pri=10500 sec=2000 blocks. This ensures there is sufficient space in the destination data set to contain the package.
- Type put esd-pkg-name zos-target-esd-temp-dsn . This step uploads the software package.
To expand the package, using the TSO command, type RECEIVE INDATASET(esd-temp-dsn).
This expands the TTU package.
The system issues the following prompt messages from RECEIVE:
INMR901I Dataset CM4.ESD.TVOLSER.ESDLIB from SDM on TERMVS9 INMR906A Enter restore parameters or 'DELETE; or 'END'+
- Type DATASET(esd-library-dsn), where esd-library-dsn is the name you designate for the JCL PDS which will be created by this RECEIVE process. This new library is referred to as ESDLIB.