- Specify the port number nnnn used by the Teradata Tools and Utilities software by setting the TDMSTPORT system environment variable:set TDMSTPORT=nnnn
- Open the System Properties dialog box.Tip: Open a command prompt and type SYSDM.CPL .
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables and add or edit the TDMSTPORT system environment variable.
- Enable Detailed COPANOMLOG Logging by setting up the system environment variable NETRACE:
Setting NETRACE=1 enables detailed network information between the client computer and Vantage. This information is logged in the file defined in the system environment variable COPANOMLOG.
- Add or edit the NETRACE system environment variable.
- Enable Multiple COPANOMLOG File Creation by setting up the system environment variable THREADLOGGING:
set THREADLOGGING=1Threadlogging supports multi-threaded Windows applications. Multi-threaded logging is enabled by setting THREADLOGGING=1. For example, if COPANOMLOG is c:\temp\coplog and THREADLOGGING is enabled, logs are created as coplog.xxx.txt, where xxx is the thread_id in hexadecimal:
Each thread that uses a CLI connection creates its own individual log file.
- Add or edit the THREADLOGGING system environment variable.
Before you change the TDMSTPORT system environment variable to use a port number other than the default of 1025, contact Teradata Support to understand the ramifications.