The TTU Windows Suites are available on media (request to IPP) or it can be downloaded from TSS or IPP. If using media, then insert it into the drive. If the Welcome dialog box does not appear shortly after the media is inserted, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the main folder of the media. Double-click setup.bat to start the installation process.
When you install Teradata Tools and Utilities products, all dependent products for your selection are installed automatically. On a 64-bit system, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the dependent products are installed.
Close all active Windows programs and temporarily disable any virus protection software running on the client computer.
- Double-click setup.bat.For a list of products and the media/package each one resides on, see Software Packages.
- In the Welcome to Teradata Tools and Utilities dialog box, click Install Product.
- Select the installation language, then click Next.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next .
- Read and accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Next to install to the default directory; to change directories, click Browse.
- In the Select Features dialog box, select the products that you want to install.The checkbox for Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver for Teradata is always selected; this product is installed with the Base and DBM Suites.
- Choose whether you want the installation process to uninstall previous versions of the following products.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- If media was used, remove the media from the drive.The above steps apply to the first Suite installed for a particular version. Steps 5 and 6 are skipped when installing another Suite of the same version.