- Browse to the installation file tdnetdp__windows_indep.version.exe that you downloaded.
- Double-click the executable to launch the installer.
- If the User Account Control dialog box prompts you to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.
In the Choose Setup Language dialog box, select the desired language, then click Next .
English and Japanese are the only languages currently supported.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next .
Accept the default Destination Folder or select a different destination folder and click Next.
- On 32-bit systems, the default installation folder is %PROGRAMFILES%\Teradata\NET Data Provider for Teradata\version \.
- On 64-bit systems, the folder is %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Teradata\NET Data Provider for Teradata\version \.
Select one of the following in the Setup Type dialog box:
- Complete to install all program files for .NET Data Provider for Teradata.
Custom to install all program files for .NET Data Provider for Teradata and include the following optional features:
Feature Description Notes Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Integration If Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 is installed on the system, .NET Data Provider for Teradata is integrated into Microsoft Visual Studio. Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio products is selected by default if the installer detects that they are on the system. You can clear the option to integrate .NET Data Provider for Teradata with Microsoft Visual Studio if integration is not required. When integration is not selected, the installation time is shortened. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Integration If Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is installed on the system, .NET Data Provider for Teradata is integrated into Microsoft Visual Studio. If Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio is also installed on the system, .NET Data Provider for Teradata is also integrated into the Development Studio. Publisher Policy A publisher policy assembly configures the policy that is used when the Microsoft .NET Framework runtime binds to an assembly. The publisher policy assembly is installed into the Global Assembly Cache. The Publisher Policy feature is selected by default.
- Leave Publisher Policy selected if you are upgrading a previous version of .NET Data Provider for Teradata or other applications are installed that are dependent on an earlier version of .NET Data Provider for Teradata.
- Clear Publisher Policy if no previous installations of .NET Data Provider for Teradata exist on the system and no other applications are dependent on an earlier version of .NET Data Provider for Teradata.
Suppose you upgrade from version 01.02.00 to version 15.10.00 of .NET Data Provider for Teradata and you bind all existing applications to the 15.10.00 version. You must place the publisher policy assembly policy.1.2.Teradata.Client.Provider.dll in the Global Assembly Cache to redirect (bind) an existing application built with the 01.02.00 version of .NET Data Provider for Teradata to the 15.10.00 version.
- Click Install in the Ready to Install the Program dialog box.
- [Optional] To display the readme file, select Show the readme file in the InstallShield Wizard Complete dialog box.
- Click Finish to complete the installation. To verify the installation, refer to Verifying Installation of the .NET Data Provider for Teradata.