- Run ./setup.bat.If an error message about one or more missing library files appears, use the yum install command to download and install the files.
If a pre-15.10 version of TTU Client Utilities is installed, those packages are incompatible with this version and must be removed. A screen similar to the following will display:
There is a previous release installed that is incompatible with the version of TTU to be installed. The XX.XX TTU Client Software should be removed before installing 15.10. The previously installed packages can be automatically removed at this time. Enter "Yes" to remove the pre-15.10 packages and continue with the installation or "No" to cancel the installation? ([y/n] default: Y): Removing packages prior to version 15.10.00.00. Package Removal Type: command ........................................................ displays the packages that are installed
- If a previous release is installed, select one of the following:
If yes was chosen, after the previous packages are uninstalled, the Teradata Tools and Utilities installation menu appears. It contains the following information and options:
Option Action Y (Yes) Removes the previous packages. N (No) Cancels the installation. A screen similar to the following displays:
Cancelling the installation. Leaving packages prior to 15.10 installed. These packages should be removed before installing 15.10 packages.
The installer exits.
- Identifies the platform and media
- Lists numbered products that can be installed, the package version numbers, and package sizes
- Provides options for:
- Installing all software
- Removing previously installed software
- Displaying the sizes of the installed package
- Quitting the installation
- If you are prompted about retaining Teradata Wallet data, choose whether to retain existing data or delete it:
Option Action Y (Yes) Data is retained during uninstallation. N (No) Data is deleted during uninstallation (if this is the last remaining version of Teradata Wallet to be uninstalled).
- Select the packages to install.
If a selected package has dependencies, the script automatically installs the dependencies in the correct order.Software will be installed in the following order:
- Teradata GSS Client (teragss)
- Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata (tdicu)
- Teradata Call-Level Interface version 2 (cliv2)
- Teradata Data Connector API (piom)
- Other Products
For Teradata Wallet help, at the command prompt enter tdwallet help.
For more information about Teradata Wallet, see Security Administration, B035-1100.
- After reviewing product dependencies, select one of the following:
Command Action Install All Packages (a) Type the letter a. The number of products selected appears in the bottom right corner of the screen. The packages selected for installation have an asterisk (*) beside them. Uninstall All (u) Type the letter u. This removes previous versions of Teradata Tools and Utilities products.It is not necessary to uninstall previous versions of Teradata Wallet before you install another version of it. For information about retaining data in Teradata Wallet, see About Retaining and Deleting Data in Teradata Wallet. Install Selected Packages Type the numbers of the desired products and dependencies, separated by spaces, and press Enter.
- Dependencies: If individual products are to be installed, first determine the product dependencies, such as CLIv2 or Teradata Data Connector API (piom). Enter the numbers for the dependencies at the prompt, separated by spaces.
- Products: Enter the numbers for the products at the prompt, separated by spaces.
Quit (q) Type the letter q to cancel the installation.
- If this is the first install of this release and the installdir flag was not provided on the command line, enter the base directory (prefix) for installing files:
Which directory should be used as a base dir (prefix) for installing files? <base_dir>/teradata/client/15.10 (default base dir: /opt):All products must be installed to the same prefix, so subsequent installs of this release will automatically be installed to the same prefix.
- Change back to the root directory.
- Unmount the media drive.umount /mnt
- Remove the installation media from the media drive.
- [Optional] After completing the product installation, remove the installation media from the media
mount point using the following command:
rmdir /dvdrom/mount point
- Log off and then log on to enable the newly installed software packages.
Use these steps to interactively install Teradata Tools and Utilities using menu selections.