- The system must be accessible through the network from all Unity servers.
- To create the unitymgmt user, you must have DBC or equivalent access to create a new user and to grant the required authorization to the user.
- To configure proxy authentication, you must have root access to the Teradata system nodes using SSH.
- [Optional] Retrieve the name of the existing region to which you want to add the new system by using the REGION LIST command.
- Log in as root to the unity server with the active sequencer.
Run the SYSTEM ADD command using one of the options below.
- If the username and password was supplied using the unityPasswd tool: unityadmin> system add <db1> <region1>;
- If the username and password were not supplied using the unityPasswd tool: unityadmin> system add <db1> <region1> user root password <PASS123> dbcuser <dbc> dbcPassword <dbc>;