- The user is authorized; that is, all of the following are true:
- The user is granted the privilege execute install_afile or install_afile_to_public.
- The user has Teradata ML Engine privileges.
- Either the user owns the destination schema or the destination schema is public.
- Neither the file or a UDF function with the same name exists on Teradata SQL Engine and Teradata ML Engine.
- The file name differs from the destination schema name.
- The file name was previously registered through a sysuif.install_file call.
- The file size is 238 MB or less.
- File installation must succeed completely on both Teradata SQL Engine and Teradata ML Engine.
A failed installation does not make changes on Teradata SQL Engine and Teradata ML Engine.