Native Object Store (NOS) enables Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Database Administrators, and System Administrators to use standard Teradata SQL and APIs for these purposes:
- Ad hoc data exploration
- Searchable archives
- Simplified load (ingest)
- Joining data across your structured and semi-unstructured data
- Data sharing
Use Native Object Store to access data residing in the following external object storage platforms:
- Amazon S3
- Google Cloud Storage
- Microsoft Azure Blob storage
- Microsoft Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
You must know the location path of the object store and its credentials to perform the following tasks:
- To use CREATE FOREIGN TABLE to access external storage, first create an authorization object to hold the credentials.
- For READ_NOS, include the credentials in the command.
- For WRITE_NOS, include the credentials, the cloud storage bucket creation snippet, and endpoint to use in the command.
To access S3 data using Native Object Store residing in an AWS account separate from your VantageCloud Enterprise on AWS deployment, you must grant cross-account access to those objects.