As a database administrator, use Teradata Workload Management as a database performance tool.
A workload is a class of database requests with common traits whose access to the database you can manage with a set of rules.
Workload management means managing workload performance by monitoring system activity and acting when pre-defined limits are reached. It uses rules, and each rule applies only to some database requests, but the collection of all rules applies to all active work on the platform.
- TASM allows you to prioritize workloads, tune performance, and monitor and manage workload and system health.
- TIWM is a subset of TASM features.
Contact Teradata for details about the license required for each strategy.
- Set different access priorities for different types of requests
- Monitor resource usage patterns, performance tuning, and capacity planning
- Limit the number of requests or sessions that can run at the same time