You must be a site administrator to modify data protection information.
There are two options for backing up and restoring your data:
|Standard Backups||Backup and restore tables, databases, and full system-level data.|
|Snapshots||Backup and restore data at the full system level only. This is the preferred method for full-system backups for disaster recovery purposes.
Use only for cases of serious data loss or a corruption event. A full system reset and restart is required.
- In the Vantage Console, you can perform these tasks:
- Create a new standard backup or snapshot job.
- Change a standard backup or snapshot job.
- Restore from a snapshot.
Performing a snapshot requires a brief system outage. Snapshot restores can take a few hours to half a day, depending on your system configuration.To restore from a standard backup, submit a change request.
- For VantageCloud Enterprise on AWS or Azure, by default, Teradata backs up your site daily (standard backups) and retains the two most-recent successful, full backups in the same cloud region.
- For VantageCloud Enterprise on Google Cloud, storage for standard backups is sold separately on a pay-for-what-you-use consumption basis. Teradata runs full system backups only as instructed (for example, number and frequency of backups, copies retained, and so on).
- Backups and snapshots are saved in the same cloud region as the source system.