Disaster Recovery with Snapshots
You can perform disaster recovery from snapshots and restore to cross-site. Make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- The Analytics Database is on 17.10 version or later on both source and target systems.
- The number of nodes and AMPs must match on both systems.
- The storage per node must be same or more in target system, as compared to source.
- The VM type or size can vary, but must have the same number of AMPs per node.
Disaster Recovery with DSA Backups
You can perform disaster recovery from backups and restore to cross-site. Make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- Both source and target systems are on Vantage 2.4.2.
- Prerequisites of partial backups are met on source site. See Standard Backups.
- Prerequisites of same-site restore are met on target site. See Restoring a Standard Backup.When performing disaster recovery with a backup (CR), by default, the target site is selected as set in the Backup (DR) plan. Do not change it.
Restoring from a Backup (DR)
Perform the following steps on backup (DR).
- Log on to https://cloud.vantage.teradata.com.
- Select Data protection .
- Select Retained copies.
- Select the Backup (DR) to restore.By default, the target site is selected as set in the Backup (DR) plan. Do not change it.
- Select Save & Run. If requested, provide credentials, and select Save & Start.
- Open the History tab and check the Status of the restore job.