Use the DBC.CollationsV view to populate the system table with your collation codes.
To populate the table through the view, perform the following procedure:
- Create a BTEQ batch file containing a CollName, a CollInstall value, and the hexadecimal definition of every character in the new collation sequence. Be sure that entries exist for every column of the DBC.CollationsV view.
The value of CollName cannot be MULTINATIONAL. Also, the first SQL statement in the job file should be a DELETE statement to remove any existing row that might have the same CollName. For details, see Example of Inserting and Activating a Site-Defined Collation Sequence.
- Log on to the database as user SYSADMIN or as user DBC.
- Use the following statement to verify the contents of database DBC:
HELP DATABASE DBC;
The following objects must appear in the HELP listing for DBC to implement a site-defined collation sequence:
- A table named CollationTbl
- A view named CollationsV
- The following macros:
If these objects are not in the DBC database, use the DIP utility to create them.
- Run the BTEQ batch job you created in step 1.
The row you insert into the DBC.CollationsV view automatically populates the DBC.CollationTbl.