You must manually identify all Vantage database nodes, and Unity servers (if used), on each Windows KDC that can authenticate database users. This and subsequent procedures assume that the Windows KDC is an Active Directory server. Requirements are similar for other Windows KDC implementations, although methods may vary.
- On the Windows KDC (Active Directory server), click on .
- Right click on Computers.
- Click on .
- Enter the name of the Vantage node or Unity server and click Next.
There are no rules for naming a node or server because the name is tied to the IP address in the next task. However, you can use a structure such as tdatsysa1-1, where:
- tdatsysa is the system name (to differentiate among multiple systems).
- The first 1 denotes a Teradata Vantage system clique ID.
- The second 1 identifies a specific node within the clique.For Unity servers, you can use a naming convention like unity1, to differentiate among multiple Unity servers and backups.
- Click Finish.