Create an Active Directory user for each Teradata Vantage node and each Unity server you added to DNS in Adding a Database Node or Unity Server to the Windows DNS. This step is necessary in determining the Service Principal Name (SPN).
The Active Directory user for each database node and Unity server must have a password. Teradata recommends that you use a strong password. If site security policy allows it, you can use the same password for all node and Unity server users.
- On the Active Directory server, click on .
- Right click on the OU where the user is to be created.
- Click on .
- In the dialog box, enter the name of the node or Unity server for both User logon name and First name. Use the names assigned in step 4 of Creating a Computer Component for Database Nodes and Unity Server, for example: tdatsysa1-1.
- Click Next.
- Enter a password and reenter it to confirm.
- If site policy allows it, check the Password never expiresbox. Otherwise, check User cannot change password.
- Click Next.
- Repeat this procedure for each node of each Teradata Vantage system and each Unity server that is served by the KDC.
If you change the passwords for the users you created, for example, because password change is required by site security policy, you must also:
- Regenerate the keys. See Running ktpass to Create the Kerberos Keys.
- Re-install them on the nodes, and on Unity servers, if used. See Installing the Kerberos Keys.