The method for specifying logon parameters varies among applications.
- For Teradata Tools and Utilities applications:
- Interactive applications such as BTEQ allow specification of logon parameters on the command line. See Network Logons.
- Scripted applications such as Teradata Parallel Transporter allow specification of logon parameters as operator attributes or preset variables.
- ODBC and JDBC based applications allow setting of some or all logon parameters as part of initial configuration of the associated driver.
- GUI applications allow specification or change of logon parameters as part of connecting to the database.
- For third-party applications:
- Set logon parameters in the application (varies by application).
- Set up the application logon user, and optionally set up trusted sessions to identify and authorize application end users as individuals. See Working with Middle-Tier Application Users.