Specifies whether LDAP requires the service bind, that is whether Teradata Vantage must authenticate itself to the directory. See Using Service Binds.
Service binds occur automatically, and ignore the setting of this property, when the authentication mechanisms specify:
- An Identity search. See Using Identity Searches.
- Directory Authorization, when the mechanism is not LDAP. See Directory User Characteristics.
|yes||A service bind is required|
|no (default)||A service bind is not required|
- To set a value, you must manually add this property to the TDGSS configuration file for the LDAP mechanism. See Editing Configuration Files.
- Edit this property on database nodes and on the Unity server, if used. Also see Coordinating Mechanism Property Values for Unity.
- If your system uses service binding, whether or not it requires this property to be set to yes, you should configure the LdapServiceFQDN, LdapServicePassword, and possibly LdapServicePasswordProtected properties. If you do not configure these companion properties, the directory automatically uses an anonymous bind.