All TDGSS mechanisms contain a group of properties that define mechanism function, based on the values of the properties.
- All property values must appear in the TDGSS configuration files in double quotation marks, that is: property=“value”
- Many properties, such as MechanismEnabled, are common to all mechanisms. Others are only meaningful for some mechanisms.
- All properties have a default value.
- Many properties allow only a yes or no value to indicate whether or not the mechanism supports the property function.
- For some properties, you do not need to edit the default property values. For others, the default values are hard coded and editing is not allowed.
- Many editable properties carry a default value of “”, which may indicate that the property:
- Has no value.
- Defers to a default value stored in the system.
Be sure you fully understand the function of a property, before you consider changing the default property value.
For information about which mechanisms support each property, see Supporting Mechanisms.
For detailed guidelines on editing property values, see Editing Configuration Files.