The following tools monitor session and TDP activity on mainframe-connected clients.
- HSI timestamp – Host System Interface (HSI) timestamps tell you when TDP receives a request, when the request parcel is sent to or queued for Vantage, and when the response parcel is received from Vantage.
- TDPUTCE – TDP User Transaction Collection Exit (TDPUTCE) collects statistics about all of the requests and responses controlled by the TDP, including user, session/request parcels, timestamps, request type, and request/response parcels.
- Your site is responsible for processing and analyzing the data collected by TDPUTCE.
- z/OS System Management Facility (SMF) is a feature in the z/OS operating system that can record accounting and performance information, such as:
- Statistical information about the processing activity of a PE recorded at shutdown.
- Log-off session information.
- Logon violations and security violations records.
- Statistical data about the processing activity of the TDP, recorded at shutdown.
- Statistical information about the processing activity of a Channel Processor (CP) either recorded at shutdown or started with the Channel Communication Unit (CCU) operand.
For more information on TDP, see Teradata® Director Program Reference, B035-2416.