For users that are not already set up to access Teradata Viewpoint, as part of initial system installation, you must perform Teradata Viewpoint set up operations.
- Log on as the Teradata Viewpoint administrator and select Admin, which includes a drop down list of administrative functions.
- Use the Roles Manager to create Teradata Viewpoint roles and define sets of user privileges for each role.When creating roles:
- Define the portlets available to the role.
- Define whether user members can set their own preferences and share portlets.
- Give or remove user permissions for portlet tools and functions.
Teradata Viewpoint provides two default roles, but you may find it useful to configure custom roles, based on the suggestions in About Viewpoint Monitoring Privileges.
- Use the Users Manager to create Teradata Viewpoint users and assign membership in one or more roles according to user job function. Include an email address for each user, so that Teradata Viewpoint can send them alert emails, if necessary.
- Instruct users to setup their Teradata Viewpoint profile by specifying their username, password, and account, so the system can verify that each user exists in the specified database system and that the account is valid for the user. Profile information is used by some portlets, for example:
- My Queries portlet, to track query activity for the user
- SQL Scratchpad portlet, to determine database access privileges for the user