Baseline profiles can provide information on typical resource usage by period and by user, on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Building baseline transaction profiles can help you track the effects of software upgrades, introductions of new users or new applications, and help you determine what a “healthy and normal” system should look like.
You can build baseline profiles for:
- Single operations (such as FastLoad, full table scans, primary index INSERT ... SELECTs, select joins, and so on.)
- Multiple, concurrently run transactions
Once defined and stored, baseline profiles can help you:
- Compare current to profiled operations on a real-time basis.
- Collect data instantaneously for a set interval.
- Detect and resolve throughput anomalies.
You can gather performance metrics for profiling from:
- ResUsage reports. See Teradata Vantage™ Resource Usage Macros and Tables, B035-1099.
- DBQL. See Tracking Query Behavior with Database Query Logging: Operational DBAs.