The Teradata Parallel Data Pump (TPump) utility allows real time updates from transactional systems into the data warehouse. TPump executes INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE requests, or a combination, to more than 60 tables at a time from the same source feed.
- Real time INSERTs and UPDATEs to more than 60 tables simultaneously
- Low volume batch maintenance
- Can provide continuous feed to the warehouse
The data handling functionality of TPump is enhanced by the TPump Support Environment. In addition to coordinating activities involved in TPump tasks, it provides facilities for managing file acquisition, conditional processing, and certain Data Manipulation Language (DML) and Data Definition Language (DDL) activities, on Teradata Database.
- It does not support aggregate operators or concatenation of data files
- TPump performance is severely affected by access or DBQL logging.
The TPump Support Environment enables use of variable substitution, conditional execution based on the value of return codes and variables, expression evaluation, character set selection options and more. For more information, see Teradata® Parallel Data Pump Reference, B035-3021.