In addition to MiniCylPack and AutoCylPack, you can use the following to free space on cylinders or to make more cylinders available to the system:
- FreeSpacePercent (FSP) (see PACKDISK and FreeSpacePercent)
- PACKDISK (see Teradata Vantage™ - Database Utilities , B035-1102 )
- Cylinders to Save for Perm (see “Cylinders Saved for PERM” in Teradata Vantage™ - Database Utilities , B035-1102 )
- Temporary space limits on users/profiles.
- Spool space limits on user profile definitions:
- Set larger spool space limits.
- Minimize the number for individual users to limit runaway query spool space.
Both of the above will not necessarily stop space management routines such as MiniCylPack from running, but it could help manage the area.
- Archival and deletion of aged data
Planned deletion of obsolete rows facilitates space availability. Depending on the nature of your data, you may want to archive before deleting. For more information, see Teradata® Archive/Recovery Utility Reference, B035-2412.
- Appropriate data compression
- Additional disk space
- Appropriate data block sizing:
- Maximum block size allocation
- Minimum block size allocation
- Journal data block size allocation