Grants CNS permissions to a user who is not a member of the tdtrusted user group.
GRANT username@host permission_list
- logon name of the user accessing CNS for whom you want to grant permissions.
- network host name of the computer to which you are logged on.
- list of supervisor privileges to be granted, separated by spaces. The following table lists the permissions.
Permission Grants User Authority to Issue abort ABORT SESSION command all All CNS commands grant GRANT and REVOKE commands interactive Input to interactive programs
Separate listed programs by a space and enclose the list in parentheses. For example:(dbscontrol vprocmanager)
- ENABLE LOGONS/ENABLE ALL LOGONS
- ENABLE DBC LOGONS
- DISABLE LOGONS/DISABLE ALL LOGONS
log LOG command restart RESTART command set CNSSET and SET commands start START and STOP commands
The GRANT command only affects future DBW sessions. You must stop and restart the DBW session for the updated permissions to take effect.
If interactive permission has been granted, it is added to the GRANT list. If interactive permission has been revoked, then it is removed from the GRANT list if it exists there. To revoke interactive permissions, see REVOKE.
Example: Granting CNS permissions
In this example, connection-ID jsmith@isdn1954 is granted interactive privileges to the Vproc Manager utility.
grant jsmith@isdn1954 interactive(vprocmanager) CNSSUPV: permissions for jsmith@isdn1954 updated jsmith@isdn1954: set logons log restart grant abort interactive Granted Utilities: vprocmanager