Starts a utility in one of the DBW application windows.
START [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 ] [ , VPROC=n | -v[=]n ] utilityname [ utilityargs ]
- number of the DBW application window where you want to start the utility.
- The default is the lowest numbered application window available.Do not insert spaces between the word START and the window number. For example, START 1 produces an error, but START1does not.
- the vproc where the program is to be started.
- The default is the database control AMP, which is normally AMP 0.The -v options must be lower case.
- name of the utility to be started.Must be a utility or program in one of the PDE or TPA directories.
- remaining part of the command line to pass to utilityname.
When a DBW application window is not specified, or the specified window is not available, the utility starts in the first available DBW application window.
Select a vproc number based on the particular utility being run. For example, if the utility you are starting provides information on a specific AMP or vproc, be sure to start the utility on that AMP or vproc.
Example: Starting a utility in one of the DBW application windows
The following example starts the Vproc Manager utility in window 3.
start3 vprocmanager Started 'vprocmanager' in window 3 at Mon Jul 16 14:16:22 2007