- NOS is enabled by default.
- NOS supports both Google S3-compatible and native connectors. See Authentication for External Object Stores.
- READ_NOS now supports Parquet data format.
- SQL syntax has been simplified for NOS and all examples have been updated accordingly:
- CREATE FOREIGN TABLE syntax is updated to include columns for each field in the CSV data instead of using a complex data type in the payload column. This eliminates the need to use dot notation and it is more efficient.
- Authorization examples are updated to use simplified system-wide authorization model new in this release.
- If you need information about the schema of your CSV, JSON, and Parquet data, you can use the NOSREAD_SCHEMA return type in your READ_NOS statement and the schema is detected automatically. The syntax is RETURNTYPE('NOSREAD_SCHEMA').
- READ_NOS syntax has been simplified so that the SELECT statement does not require the READ_NOS table operator in the statement.
||Added WRITE_NOS feature.
||Google Cloud Storage is a supported external object store.