- Returns information about an ST_Geometry or XML value, such as its size and whether it stores its value as a LOB.
- Returns the length of the Well Known Text (WKT) or Well Known Binary (WKB) representation of the Geometry.
- Returns a result LOB locator that will be used to set the ST_Geometry return value for a UDF/user-defined method (UDM) or an INOUT or OUT parameter for an external stored procedure.
- Gets or sets the value of an ST_Geometry, MBR or MBB type.
- Gets or sets the value of an XML type.
- Returns a result LOB locator that will be used to set the XML return value for a UDF/UDM or an INOUT or OUT parameter for an external stored procedure.
This feature also provides a new FNC function for the JSON type that returns information about a JSON instance passed to an external routine. This includes the maximum possible length, the character set, and the storage format. In addition, existing FNC functions that get or set text-based JSON were extended to allow binary JSON data to be passed to external routines.
- Allows a Geospatial or XML type parameter to be manipulated from within a UDF or external stored procedure.
- Binary JSON data can now be passed to external routines.
- Teradata Vantage™ SQL External Routine Programming , B035-1147
- Teradata Vantage™ Geospatial Data Types , B035-1181
- Teradata Vantage™ XML Data Type, B035-1140
- Teradata Vantage™ JSON Data Type, B035-1150