Provides the ability to log database feature use information.
Feature Use Logging captures information about the various Teradata Database features that a particular query uses. You can use this information, for example, to determine which features are used most often. Feature use information is logged in the FeatureUsage column of DBC.DBQLogTbl.
- Provides the ability to identify the most commonly used features. To display current use count information, you can access DBC.QryLogFeatureUseCountV and the binary data in the FeatureUsage column of DBC.DBQLogTbl. The use count information is based on number of rows in DBC.DBQLogTbl.
- Feature Use Logging data is available for all requests, whether the requests are cached or not cached.
- Captures features only from the PE (Parsing Engine), not features only visible on an AMP. To display the current list of features being logged, you can use this statement:
SELECT featurename FROM DBC.QryLogFeatureListV;
- The FeatureUsage column stores usage information in binary format. You can use the TD_DBQLFUL table function to convert the binary data into a JSON document. To display feature use information in JSON format, you can access the FeatureInfo column of the QryLogFeatureJSON view.
- Feature use logging tracks database feature usage, not the utilities or external tools such as third party applications using database features. Certain features also provide common functionality that is used in a variety of operations.
- BEGIN QUERY LOGGING statement, FEATUREINFO option.
- REPLACE QUERY LOGGING statement, FEATUREINFO option.
- Show Query Logging statement, FeatureUsage option status.
- Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093
- Teradata Vantage™ SQL Data Definition Language Syntax and Examples, B035-1144
- Teradata Vantage™ SQL Operators and User-Defined Functions, B035-1210
- Teradata Vantage™ Data Dictionary, B035-1092