- Renames several existing columns
- Renames and adds aliases in the views
- Removes obsolete columns
- Changes the order of returned column data
- Reformats NodeID columns to a four digit cabinet number and a four digit module number (ZZZ9-9999). ResUsage macros are updated to support this change
- Removes all SLES 10 specific columns from ResUsageSps and ResUsageSpsView
- Converts the Teradata Database 15.10 used Spare columns to permanent resource usage table columns
- Adds DBC.ResUsageSmhm table to support map level statistics
- Adds columns to various ResUsage tables and views to support new features, such as global space accounting and PDE segment usage
- All ResUsage tables have a related view. All the views have been updated to reflect similar updates to the tables. Teradata recommends using the ResUsage views rather than the tables, so view columns can be updated without affecting the source table.
- TDWM triggers the Available AMP Worker Task (AWT) event when the user-defined threshold is less than or equal to the minimum of the WorkNew AWT pool size and overall assigned pool. Previously, this was the only algorithm available, but this limits the event triggering mechanism to a specific type of work.
In this release, TDWM allows users to choose a different algorithm to trigger the Available AWT event:
- The minimum of WorkNew AWT and overall unreserved pool (existing, default algorithm)
- The overall unreserved pool
To support this, several columns were added to ResUsageSAWT table: AvailableForWork00, AvailableForWork00Min, AvailalbleForWork08, and AvailableForWork08Min.
- New segment usage columns provide information about the trend of overall segment usage in the system. This information allows users to monitor segment usage and debug issues related to segment usage.
- The I/O performance on a 6800 node can be limited depending on the number of cores configured for use in the node. This limiting percentage is now available in the new TIER_FACTOR column in several ResUsage tables and views.
- New columns, CabinetID (the node's physical cabinet number) and ModuleID (the node's physical module number within the cabinet), are added to all ResUsage tables and views.
- SLES 10 is not supported in this release.
- Capacity on Demand (COD) column names are changed from [PM|WM]_[CPU|IO]_COD to [PM|WM]_COD_[CPU|IO], in all related tables. AwtLimit is changed to AWTsConfigured in ResUsageSawt.
- User scripts may be impacted by: column name changes and removals, and the changed order of the returned column data.
- DBC.ResUsageSmhm table and view columns are not populated in this release.
- Performance Data Collection and Reporting (PDCR) database has tables, views, and macros that are derived from the ResUsage tables. So the changes made to ResUsage tables are also reflected in PDCR database objects.
For more information on Resource Sampling Subsystem changes, see Teradata Vantage™ Resource Usage Macros and Tables, B035-1099.