The tdgssauth stand-alone tool is used to test TDGSS security mechanism configurations on Unity Director servers and Teradata Database nodes. tdgssauth is used before bringing new configurations live to test and correct authentication, authorization, and policy failures offline.
- tdgssauth is a robust testing tool because it uses the actual services in TDGSS that the database uses to authenticate, authorize, and enforce security policy.
- Helps minimize the number of server TPA resets when bringing external authentication deployments and configuration fixes live.
- Allows live debugging on a system without causing the database to stop executing.
- Tests the following mechanisms: LDAP, Kerberos, and TDNEGO.
- tdgssauth cannot test the PROXY mechanism.
For more information, see Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100.