The following rules and restrictions apply to dropping columns from a normalized table.
- You can drop any column from a normalized table, including ignore columns.
- Dropping a normalized Period column also drops the NORMALIZE clause from the table definition.
- Vantage renormalizes a normalized table if you drop a column that is not specified in the ignore column list from the table or when a column is added to the ignore column list.
- You can use an ALTER TABLE request to alter the normalize_ignore_columns column list by specifying the DROP NORMALIZE option. This include the complete list - normalize clause and the ignore columns.
- You cannot add and drop normalization from a table within the same ALTER TABLE request.
For information about adding columns to a normalized table, see Adding Columns to a Normalized Table.