Database query logging provides DBAs with a set of measures that can be analyzed over a period of time to verify system usage or to more closely examine a query that uses an unexpectedly large amount of system resources.
Several tools support these analyses, including several System FE views and macros, diagnostics, and Database Query Analysis tools.
The Teradata Viewpoint Stats Manager portlet enables you to manage statistics collection, which includes the ability to collect and analyze statistics, create and control jobs, and manage recommendations.
You can use the logged information with other system tables to maximize system throughput.
You can use many of the SQL statements described here to collect and analyze this data.
- Teradata Vantage™ Application Programming Reference, B035-1090
- Teradata Vantage™ SystemFE Macros, B035-1103
- Teradata Vantage™ SQL Request and Transaction Processing, B035-1142
- Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100
- Teradata® Viewpoint User Guide, B035-2206