The Source File Name clause specifies the location of an object file that is to be used for this UDF definition.
The syntax for this clause is either of the following.
- CS¡ name_on_server ¡ source_name
The character ¡ represents a user-defined delimiter.
Perform the following procedure for specifying a source file name string.
- Begin the clause with the appropriate client or server location code.
IF you specify this code … THEN the source or object code for the function is stored on the … C client. S server.
- Type the character S to indicate this is a source file specification.
- Specify an arbitrary delimiter character to separate the S code and the name_on_server variable specified in the string.
- Specify the name assigned to the source file on the platform.
All names on server must be unique among the UDFs and external procedures created within the same database. If the CREATE/REPLACE FUNCTION definition includes a nonunique name_on_server specification, Teradata Database does not create it.
- Specify your delimiter character to separate the name_on_server from the source_name.
- Specify the path and name of the source file.
You can use either \ or / characters to specify the path for all platforms.