Add the column set as a new column partition. For information about naming database objects, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141. The table must be column-partitioned and the columns being added cannot already exist. You cannot alter a join index to add columns or column partitions using an ALTER TABLE request. Specifies column storage format for the column_name or column_name group. Alters the column partition containing the column to have COLUMN format, if it is not already defined with COLUMN format. If you do not specify COLUMN, ROW, or SYSTEM format and the column partition containing the column:
- Does not have a system-determined format, the column partition is not altered and the format remains as most recently defined.
- Has a system-determined format, the format remains system-defined.
If the altered column partition containing the column has a system-determined column partition format, the column partition is altered to a newly appropriate format if it does not already have that format.
- data type
- Data type for the column.
- column attributes
- Specify attributes for the column.
- AUTO COMPRESS
- Autocompress data in the column.
- NO AUTO COMPRESS
- Do not autocompress data in the column.