Unnamed constraints are not assigned system-generated names.
- Optional name for a constraint.
- For information about naming database objects, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- The CONSTRAINT constraint_name specification is mandatory for named constraints for UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, and CHECK when those constraints are named, and applies to column-level and table-level constraints.
- It does not apply to row-level security constraints. See row_level_security_constraint_name CONSTRAINT later in this table.
- Constraint names must conform to the rules for Vantage object names and be unique among all other constraint, primary index, and secondary index names specified in the table definition. For a description of Vantage identifiers and a list of the characters they can contain, see Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- See Teradata Vantage™ - Temporal Table Support, B035-1182 and Teradata Vantage™ - ANSI Temporal Table Support, B035-1186 for information about the constraints that can be defined for temporal tables.