You can change security constraint assignments for a user in a MODIFY USER statement. When you specify a security constraint that is:
- Not currently assigned to the user, the constraint is added to any existing constraints.
- Already assigned to the user, the new specifications replace the existing specifications.
- Already assigned to the user, followed by the keyword NULL, the constraint assignment is dropped from the user.
A new or changed security constraint assignment takes effect at the next user logon.
MODIFY USER Joe_Smith AS CONSTRAINT = Classification_Level (TopSecret, Unclassified DEFAULT), CONSTRAINT = Classification_Country (NULL) CONSTRAINT = Classification_Job (Analyst);
- Classification_Level (TopSecret, Unclassified DEFAULT)
- Raises the user classification level by replacing a previously assigned Secret clearance with TopSecret, while retaining the DEFAULT Unclassified level.
- Classification_Country (NULL)
- Drops the Classification_Country constraint assignment that was previously assigned to the user.
- Classification_Job (Analyst)
- Adds the new hierarchical category Classification_Job, and assigns the Analyst classification level.