There is a limit of 6 hierarchical constraints and 2 non-hierarchical constraints that can be assigned per profile.
If the constraint is already assigned to the user, the level or category names you specify for the constraint replace all existing specifications.
Changes take effect at the next user logon after the user definition is modified.
For more information about row-level security constraints, see CREATE CONSTRAINT.
- Name of an existing row-level security constraint followed by the list of the hierarchical levels or non-hierarchical categories, valid for the constraint, which are being assigned to the user_name.
- List of the hierarchical levels.
- List of non-hierarchical categories
- DEFAULT can be specified for 1 classification level from the specified list of levels for a hierarchical constraint. The specified level becomes the default value for the constraint when a session is established for the user to which the profile is assigned.
- If you do not specify DEFAULT for any of the listed classification levels, then the first level listed becomes the default for the profile.
- DEFAULT is not valid for non-hierarchical constraints.
- If you specify NULL for a constraint previously assigned to the user, the constraint is dropped from the user definition.