Unnamed constraints are not assigned system-generated names.
- Optional name for a constraint.
- For information about naming database objects, see Teradata Vantage™ SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- The CONSTRAINT constraint_name specification is mandatory for named constraints for UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, and CHECK when those constraints are named, and applies to column-level and table-level constraints.
- It does not apply to row-level security constraints. See row_level_security_constraint_name CONSTRAINT later in this table.
- Constraint names must conform to the rules for Teradata Database object names and be unique among all other constraint, primary index, and secondary index names specified in the table definition. For a description of Teradata Database identifiers and a list of the characters they can contain, see Teradata Vantage™ SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- See Teradata Vantage™ Temporal Table Support , B035-1182 and Teradata Vantage™ ANSI Temporal Table Support , B035-1186 for information about the constraints that can be defined for temporal tables.