Name of an attribute of the structured UDT.
- data type
- The predefined data type on which the current attribute of the structured UDT is based, if that attribute is not a UDT.
- You can specify any Teradata data type, except for ARRAY, VARRAY, and DATASET.
- CHARACTER SET server_character_set
- If data_type is a character type, this is the server character set used by data_type. Otherwise, this option is not used.
- The CHARACTER SET clause initiates the following system-generated routines when the system creates the UDF_name distinct type:
- The system-generated CAST routines are registered to cast to and cast from a character source type of the specified server character set.
- The system-generated ORDERING routine is registered to map to a character source type of the specified server character set.
- The system-generated tosql and fromsql TRANSFORM routines are registered to transform the UDT to and from a character source type of the specified server character set.
- If you know that all database transactions occur in languages that can be expressed using the LATIN character set, specify LATIN. Otherwise, for example, if some or all transactions use non-LATIN or multibyte characters, specify UNICODE. See
Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine International Character Set Support, B035-1125.You cannot specify a character server data set of KANJI1.
- Name of a UDT on which the current attribute of the structured UDT is based if that attribute is not a predefined data type.
- For information about naming database objects, see Teradata Vantage™ SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.