One or more accounts to be assigned to the profile.
Accounts do not exist independently in the database. Accounts only exist as specified in user, database, and profile definitions. You can specify the same account string in multiple object definitions, if needed.
Accounts defined in the profile supersede the accounts defined in the user definitions of profile member users.
- Logon string. See Teradata Vantage™ NewSQL Engine Security Administration, B035-1100.
- SET SESSION ACCOUNT statement. See SET SESSION ACCOUNT.
For a user to specify an account in the logon string or in a SET SESSION ACCOUNT statement, the account must be assigned in the user or profile definition.
- Each position in an account string has a specific meaning and format requirement. See "Creating Account Strings" in Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093. Each account_string must follow the Teradata Database object naming rules. See Teradata Vantage™ SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141. You must enclose each account string with APOSTROPHE characters. You must separate each entry in a list of account strings with a COMMA character and enclose the list with LEFT PARENTHESIS and RIGHT PARENTHESIS characters.
- The first account string you specify becomes the default account for profile members, but you can specify multiple accounts if needed.
- If you do not specify an account string for a profile, the system defaults to the accounts specified for individual users. If a user has no account in either the user or profile definitions, the user inherits the first account string that is defined for the immediate owner of the user.